Blogger Buddies

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Crafty K: DIY hacky sack (footbag)!



My sister had wanted a hacky sack and since I was making it, I just wanted to share :) Hacky sacks can be great stocking stuffers since Christmas is right around the corner ;)


I started out by printing out a template (rounded triangle) on card-stock paper (I printed different sizes just in case). This will be one of the four sections of your hacky sack.


I cut out my template and traced it four times onto some felt-fabric.

 
Cut it.


 
Then I sewed the four pieces like this :) I love this diagram (got it from here). More details on how to sew this can be found at that same link.



Hacky sacks can be filled up using many things but I used white sand and filled it up through the one side of the triangle I did not sew.



Blind stitch the last section of the hacky sack and voila! You're done! How do you think I did? :P
These were pretty fun to make and I was surprised at how short of a time it took to make each one. These are so addicting I might try making ones with more panels :p

19 comments:

Toothfairy said...

how cool and creative, I don't like brown THAT much, but yours is funny, because it looks like a ... uhm... muffin! :P

loves

Sugar Bunnie said...

yours is too cute♥

amynaree said...

This looks like so much fun to make!! I use to be some what crafty but now i'm so lazy!

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

I did this, too! I made mine out of triangles, though, and they were made for my Design II class :)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh these are so cute! you are so talented! I remmeber making millions of pom poms when I was a kid- but this looks much more fun :)

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

Hmm.. I think mine had between four and five panels. I also did cylinders and cubes! I had lots of fun making them.

mapple said...

this is so nice! I love see cute stuff like this ^^ will try to make one during my idle time ^^

sheri amor said...

cute are those paper clothes? that must've been expensive

Anonymous said...

You make that look easy. I suck at sewing lol. Just curious, what are footbags for?

noone said...

you know hacky sack has always been one of the things that I wanted to get good at, same as solving a rubix cube... but I just SUCK! perhaps it's my lack of balance hahaha!

Sassy J'adore said...

hey dearie!

That's such a cute diy item. You did a great job. I actually never had one of those before or know what to do with them. lol.

acutelife said...

ohhh kay that is so cool!! I might try and make it when I come back from holiday!! :D i love DIY things XD

Karen said...

Kay, I think you did great- I love arts and crafts! Never tried playing hacky sacks though =p

Hello Naka said...

very nice ^^

i think i wanna make one :p

Zoe said...

U r always so talented in making stuff, this is such a cute idea^^
Thanks Kay for all the nice birthday wishes^^

Anonymous said...

Kay .

Caca said...

please make some to giveaway. he. he.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. With best regards, ogasucomm. This is a full base

*~kAy~* said...

Hello ogasucomm!
Thanks for dropping by :)