Blogger Buddies

Friday, September 24, 2010

I got red highlights! :P

I was feeling a bit rebellious so I got red highlights in my hair...

What do you think? :p

My mom hates it whenever I make my hair any crazy bright color but I really like the look of it. I always want to keep my mom happy but I also like to express myself and so I thought that wearing clip-in hair extensions is a neat way to make us both happy.
The clip-in extensions are from sweet blogger buddy, Lianne's (Sassy J'adore Blog) online store called, J'adore Lovely Boutique. She sells different kinds of hair extensions in her store so you should check it out if you are interested.

I'm just wearing two clip-in extensions in the pictures but each pack of highlight extensions comes with 6 pieces.
Highlight extension packaging (front)
Hair extension packaging (back)
6 Clip-in highlight extensions secured together
"Prepare to be Glamourized" :P
Close view of the snap clip
I just parted my hair in the area I wanted to clip my hair extensions in. You can tease the area you want to clip your hair extension if you want to make sure they don't fall out. I did not tease my hair because these clips are pretty tight enough and I have no problem with the clips sliding off my hair.
Hook and snap-clip onto hair!
And have fun! :)
PROS:
-You can have different colored highlights in your hair without damaging/dying your own hair.
-Clip is very secure (won't slide off your hair)
-It is human hair so you can treat it the same like you do with your real hair (curl, straighten, style, wash, etc).
-Very bright red color
-Long length; allows enough hair to trim if necessary (usually the ones you buy at ex. Hot Topic are not very long and so it doesn't really match the length of my real hair)
-Looks real
-Comes in a variety of colors
-easy to remove and clip in on your own without damaging hair
-Good price (especially compared to buying it at the mall)


CONS:
-It is human hair (some people might get scared or grossed out by this)
-Has a strong smell when you first open the package (maybe can be fixed by washing it gently)
-May need to trim for people with shorter hair (although I think this is not so much of a con)

I wanted to thank Lianne for being so kind to give me these awesome pack of clip-in extensions! :) I probably should have shown these better by straightening my hair a bit more before putting them on so that they could blend in better. :P
I definitely have a lot of fun wearing these and I like them so much I have another pack of pink clip-in hair extensions that I bought from Lianne. I'll have to show you guys some other time. :)


Just wanted to mention that I was not paid or compensated in any way to publish this post.
I'm not affiliated with the company.
Lianne sent me a pack of highlight hair extensions as a gift and I paid for the other pack of highlight extensions I received from her.

37 comments:

☆RabbitoBonbon☆ said...

I love your hair extension! You look like a pretty Emo girl! I can't wait to see you wearing with the pink one!

Cupcake Couture said...

I love it! I love your hair cut too, you look so pretty! :)

DinaXYYan said...

The red hair extension looks really cool! I love your FOTD, you look gorgeous :D

Anonymous said...

E 'vero! L'idea di un buon supporto.
Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. Ritengo che questa sia un'ottima idea.

nana said...

im not a fan of the bright red highlights usually, but i think they look really fun on you!
xx

http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

bourbon fatal said...

I like this color, freaky :D!

And thanks for your comment :)

Cupcake Couture said...

Hey hun, thanks so much for all the sweet comments! :) No I haven't tried the Hard Candy makeup just yet. But I can't wait to, right now I'm home for the weekend, so everything's at my apartment. Bummer. But I'll def do reviews and looks with it if I like it. :)

nana said...

Im glad! and thank you!! <3
My skin has its ups and downs, its a real compliment and made me smile when you said its beautiful. means a great deal!
xx

nana said...

Im glad! and thank you!! <3
My skin has its ups and downs, its a real compliment and made me smile when you said its beautiful. means a great deal!
xx

nana said...

Thanks again hun! I added the colours digitally, though i have been working on some manual ones too. I do find using photoshop or any other picture editing program a lot easier, as blending and removing colours is easier! x

*~kAy~* said...

@Anonymous

Ciao al mio lettore anonimo!
Grazie mille per il tuo bel commento!

amynaree said...

Hi kay! I think you look super cute and sexy with red highlights! I love your make up and falsies, you look super pretty

αвву M. said...

wow! thats pretty cooL! :D

Karen said...

Kay, you're such a hottie!! The red really adds that boldness to your look..and I noticed your eye makeup is gorgeous too!! Especially the lashes and red e/s (or liner?)
haha I'm sure your mom is happy that you used clip-ins :)

TG said...

Kay, you look great! Since you have such a beautiful face and perfect make up, you can do almost anything with your hair and still look good. Enjoying your photos. You're awesome :)

Tiff said...

I love it! I've been wanting some colored extensions since I'm taking a very long break from dyeing my hair; I just haven't decided what color I want yet. Love your eye makeup here too, you look great.

Wrecked Stellar said...

Super rad hair extensions! The red really pops and is super fun!

noone said...

oh my the hair clips are really nice, it looks like you highlighted your hair at all it doesn't look like you used a clip on! hehe I want to get blonde ones :D

Karen said...

wow you & your bf spray painted his car? that sounds fun (but my bf would kill me if it was his car) hehe did it turn out nice? thanks for updating my giveaway info btw!!

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Omg the hair extensions look great on you! :D

At first when I saw the picture I was almost in shock thinking you'd actually dye your hair red!! hahah. But of course, momma would be upset. So what a great alternative ! ^__^

Mina said...

It´s gorgeous!!
I would do this on my 6 years girl, I think she would love it!!!

And you are really beautiful!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Blovet Beauty said...

U look so pretty with the extensions ! I used to have pink dyed hair a
long time ago and I kinda looked like a clown :(

Sassy J'adore said...

Hi Kay! =)

OMG!! You look fierce and I LUV the whole look from your sexy makeup to the hairstyle and with the red highlights.

This post made my day. =D

You're always so sweet. We should meet up sometime. I hope I don't sound like a stalker or anything. It would be nice to meet someone that I met on blogger. =)


I actually didn't go to Napa for my bday. I kept it casual and my friends took me out for lunch and dinner. Getting everyone together is so hard these days because of everythings schedule and all. However, I will be going to Napa in Nov I think for my grandparents anniversary.

Thanks for this AWESOME post!

Much <3

FaShMeTiK said...

love your eyes and this look =)

Nikki said...

Absolutely Love the extensions! I want pink extentions :p

anne said...

awww kay you cutie!
for the record, youre too cute to look rebellious... buuut you definitely rock the red streaks!

i have a set of human hair extensions too (in black... im not rebellious lol)... i was iffy and creeped out with them at first, buuut theyre the best kind to get as they blend in reaaaaally well with my real hair!

<3

anne said...

P.S.
im backkkkkkkk lol :P

Anonymous said...

you look soooo pretty and sexy in red! XD

i love the lashes on you! so striking :D

Anonymous said...

Can I clone your article to my blog? Thank you…

Anonymous said...

Hey thank you for the wonderful article it had been genuinely useful , I hope you will just publish additional about this ! This topic rocks

Anonymous said...

What a cool rocker chick!!! I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

horoshiy post! retwitnu!

Anonymous said...

Найс пост! Сенкью!

Anonymous said...

All a pleasant day. Who is a fan of Barcelona?

Unknown said...

You look so freakng cute! adore!

Anonymous said...

All the fun is done

printcosmo said...

Red highlights look superb to the teenagers. Hair extensions look great when used on some special occasion or even casually. But these require an extraordinary care. Only buying this product is not enough, rather you need shampoo, conditioner and an appropriate place where they can later get dry. Custom hair packaging boxes are particularly designed in a way that can preserve your hair extensions for a longer period without getting them damaged in any way.